Monday, April 4, 2011

Literary Gold Mine

I'll freely admit it: I'm an IMDB junkie.  I watch a movie and immediately head over to the website to discuss it, read trivia, the works.  It's the site to go to for info regarding movies/television/actors/actresses.  And I love my movies/television.

But lately I've been thinking: what about books?  I'm also a big fan of reading (I'm just going to go ahead and classify myself as a nerd at this point)--I've got a Kindle with over 60 books on it.  But I never could find the perfect website for books, with publication info, reviews, and the like.  Until now.  The site's called Goodreads. It offers reviews, customer ratings, publication info.--basically everything I was looking for (although the lack of a forum kind of sucks).

So what's the point of this post, you may ask? Well, the site has one cool feature: it allows users to "friend" each other and share book reviews/ratings and to recommend recently read books to each other. And, seeing as how there are a couple of people who enjoy reading as much as I do (...basically the only two people who actually read this blog), I thought it'd be sweet to be able to use this feature.

Seriously, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment