Tuesday, February 8, 2011

He's Gone Country

I just thought I'd comment on what is the best, in my opinion, genre of music--country.  Yeah, yeah, I know many are thrown off, and disgusted, by the twang of guitars (and a few singers, as well), but if you look past the twang, you'll see a genre that's relatable to real life.  Many country songs are about situations that hit close to home, and many people can relate to the lyrics of country songs.  Plus, the genre is home to Carrie Underwood. That alone cements the awesomeness that is country music.  These past few months, I've had more Garth Brooks, Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Montgomery Gentry, and Rodney Atkins on my Zune's playlist than any other genre.  Maybe it's because I find a banjo appealing.  Or I find a fiddle oddly soothing.

You'll notice how Taylor Swift is missing from the above playlist of country artists.  Anyone who has to remix their music to gain more airplay outside of the country genre should not be considered a country artist.  Plus she can't sing.  And she looks like a wet rat.

The only thing I can say is that everyone should give country music a listen.  I will agree that country music is not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it's the epitome of great music.

And also, I'm pretty sure there's a high correlation between growing up in small towns and liking country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment