Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sugar-Coated Bliss

As my Facebook status suggests, this weekend has been one heck of a weekend, at least for my body/brain.  A trip to Target last night resulted in two cases of Diet Coke, three packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, two packages of Twix bars (5 for $4; who couldn't resist?), a box of Oreo's, a frozen Target brand pizza, and a 12 oz. bag of Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut coffee grounds.  All for the low, low price of $22.

So here it is, a day later.  A current inventory count (using, of course, the FIFO method when valuating my ending inventory balance--can you tell I've been studying accounting?) shows: two packages of Reese's, half a container of Oreo's (which I shared with Carolyn, thank you), 19 cans of Diet Coke, one and a half packages of Twix bars, 3/4 of the pizza, and roughly the same amount of coffee grounds.  For those of you who dislike math, here's what's missing: one package of Reese's is gone.   Along with five cans of Diet Coke.  And four "generous" tablespoons of coffee grounds (roughly around two cups of coffee).  Plus half of a package of Twix bars.  And a 1/4 of the pizza.

So how do I feel?  Energetic.  Awake.  Slightly nauseas.  And how much studying has been done?  In the past two days, over 23 hours.  No joke.

I know what many of you are asking yourselves: What college kid studies for that amount of time for a test?  Well, for starters, I do.  Then there's the fact that this week will be the "week from hell".  I'll break it down for you:


Monday - more studying.
Tuesday - Intermediate Accounting 2 midterm (which is often referenced as the hardest class in Carlson.  The average grade on a test is around 52/100.  Yes, you read that right).
Wednesday - Auditing midterm (not so bad--just a lot of memorization of tiny details/procedures/modules, etc.).  A final group project is also due that night on the last night of my A-Term class (over ten pages of writing for just my portion of the project).  A paper is also due for my biology lecture at noon, which is right in the middle of said midterm and final project.
Thursday - "relaxful day", which means working on homework that's due the next day.
Friday - Biology Lab set of word problems is due.  And a lab quiz.  This wouldn't be as stressful had I actually paid attention in classes/lab.


And then it's the weekend.  Am I blowing things out of proportion?  Probably.  But it's still stress nonetheless.  If I have one thing to be thankful for, it's that the week before Spring Break appears to be empty.  Okay, I lied; I have two things to be thankful for--the other being that Diet Coke has zero calories.  Because the Lord knows that I need to save as many as I can, especially considering the junk food that's already, and shall be, consumed.

My body's going to kill me once I get back on my regular diet.

1 comment:

  1. Intermediate Accounting is the devil...hope you survived.

    ReplyDelete